Monday, May 30, 2011

Stylish Grandma

My grandmother was a secretary for the school district during the 40's to the 50's.  I imagine her in that Iconic Mad Men styling.   She had a great figure and gorgeous red hair. 

I imagine that nightly she would lay out her outfit for the next day.  She would never leave the house with out looking her best.  This often included a fancy broach.  




She never pierced her ears so this pin had a set of matching clip on earrings.   



This is by far my favorite pin, simple and elegant.

Grandma always adored cherries. 


 
Just recently I inherited a handful of her broaches.  Rather than feel bad that I would never wear them I created this shadow box with a few and my favorite photos of her.   Fitting tribute. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails