Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Before & After

I am quite literally obsessed with before and after projects.  I believe this small personality quirk comes from my Grandma.  She was the queen of DIY transformations.  She could turn a simple, plastic, disposable, fruit basket into an elaborate doll swing!  I will never forget the time my Grandmother sat down with me am my sister Jill and we made "Princess Crowns" with used milk jugs.   I still have that crown tucked away for the day I get to play dress up with my own children.  As I wander in and out of the large world of blogs out there I stumble across a new DIY blog every once and while.  My favorites are Centsational Girl (she unashamedly believes a coat or two of pray paint can beautify even the most dreadful furniture), Design*Sponge always gets me hooked,  and one of my favorites is Manhattan Nest (He is such an excellent writer, and great designer too!)  I pour over these before and after images and wish upon wish that I was not a renter, and that my landlords would please let me spruce the place up a bit.  I love this bathroom!   
I would like to think that a transformation such as this one is something a "weekend worrior" could do... Maybe even me? 



Then there are projects that give me chills... such as this kitchen....

 I love the clean lines that he has chosen and the simple counter space with no cupboards.  The subway tile floors.  I have a few DIY of my own to be showcased later... As they are not finished yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails