Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Antiques.... on Craigslist?

There is was moving through my daily ritual of memorizing the listings of value or interest on my local Craigslist when I see at the bottom of a post "more great items listed in Antiques Category".  WHAT THE HELL?  Craigslist has an antiques category?!?!  How did I not notice this!  I had assumed that for the last 2-3 years I was missing out on those "great finds" and "cool old stuff" cause I was not checking early enough in the day or I just wasn't clicking on the right listings.  (I maintain a policy of only clicking on listings with images... Come on even the worst technophobe has a cell phone with a digital camera!)  I have even sold oldish looking items on Craiglist and totally sold them for cheap!!  Most likely I lost good $$$$ cause I listed them in the regular furniture category!  And here I thought my life sucked because I don't own a pickup truck and a warehouse to repaint my Craigslist finds!  In reality I was truly missing out because I yet to discovery the antiques section.  Look at this great listing for this cute settee!



I have already emailed about this SUPER old listing and alas it has long since been sold for a whopping $50!  And I had such dreams of recovering it  like these beautiful settees at Squint.  I guess better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails